Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Chair With Coat


Today's D.E.A.D was more difficult then the ones we have done in the past. The chair with the coat was harder to draw because everything in the picture had its place. If a person came up to me and looked at my drawing they would know if I did the chair arm wrong, while with the sticks and fabric people would not be able to tell if I messed up on my work. Today I tried to do more shading in my drawing then I normally do. In this setup shading was important because without it you wouldn't be able to tell the coat apart from the chair, or the black vinyl cushion on the chair to the wooden arm rests. All of the shading was important, just like the proportions of everything. One thing that I had to look out for was proportions. I had to make sure that I mad the chair look like it was bigger then the coat, I had to make sure the legs on the chair looked the same side. This D.E.A.D was harder the the last two because I was trying to make sure I had everything placed in the correct spots. I also had to look for the little details, which made the picture look accurate and where important. I tried to make sure I had everything I needed, but it was hard. I enjoyed this weeks dead, but it was one of the hardest ones that we have done in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment