Monday, November 15, 2010

Found Object Sculpture Reflection

For found object sculpture the concept of my work was to make little kids reading a book. I  got the idea from the little book I found in one of the piles of junk. The process of making my sculpture consisted of me drawing my ideas down and then finding things that I could use to help me make my ideas come to life. Some things I struggled with was finding the proper things to make hands and feet. I wanted my sculpture of the children to look more human and less robotic. I discovered different things like little toy parts that made great hands and feet, even though it looked extremely robotic it worked well with my sculpture. I think the aspect of my work that was the most successful was my idea process and how I ended up creating the end product. Even though at times things didn't work out the way I wanted it to I ended up make a sculpture that I enjoyed and went well with how I imagined it would look.

No comments:

Post a Comment