Monday, November 15, 2010

End of Term 1 Reflection


This term in Art Principles has been a great experience. I have enjoyed the projects we have done and the work I have accomplished. I have learned a lot about myself as an artist throughout my time in the class. I learned that I am not good with shading in drawings, which made some of my D.E.A.D pictures not turn out the way I had wanted them to. I think I have grown as an artist because I have learned things like your painting doesn’t have to be perfect right when you start drawing, it changes over time as you go along with the process. I tried to put lots of effort and time into my drawings and projects, while adding my own ideas to them as well. The thing that has surprised me the most is the fact that I don’t shade. When I am drawing I normally don’t notice if I am shading enough in a place, but when I come back and look at my drawings I can tell if I should have shaded something or made something darker then something else. I think my biggest successes has been my growth with my observation drawings. I used to hate observation drawings because I never thought I was good at them, but once I started to learn some simple tricks to drawing from observation, it became a whole lot easier to draw from observation. My biggest challenge this fair has been finishing projects. I work hard on my projects but I never finish what I started. I would like to finish more projects on time, since I don’t know if in the future it will matter more about getting the work done on time. If I could give myself some advice it would be to work more on shading and finishing the work I start. One thing I think I should continue to work on is finishing work/ making my projects look good and are done to the best of my ability, and shading places that need to be shaded in a drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment