Monday, November 15, 2010

Hot Air Balloons


For my glass half full project I decided to do the pros and cons of going up in a hot air balloon. The concept of my work was to show that hot air balloons can be something that is unsafe, while being something that is fun and enjoyable. The process of making this piece consisted of me drawing landscapes and a hot air balloon as the main focus point. One problem I faced was the fact that I wanted to use colored pencils but I kept on smudging them pencil with my arm to a point that it looked chalky. I also was having problems with my balloon and making it look like a well balanced circle shape. I discovered that sometime it will be hard to have something turn out exactly the way I want, but in the end it may look better then I thought it might. I got feedback from Lili, who pointed out things like the colored pencil and helped me with some proportion problems I was having. I think that aspects of my work that are the most successful have been the colors that I have used. Even though the colored pencil smudged a lot, the colors that I used look realistic and worked well with my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment