Monday, February 14, 2011

Sketchbook Archeology

When I first started my sketchbook I didn't spend a lot of time working on it. I would make some picture that turned out messy on a page in pencil and say I was done. Once my teacher Ms. R told me to add more color in a comment on my blog process I decided to try something different and add paint, collage, colored pencil, and even quotes. Once I started doing all of this I started getting really into my sketchbook and looked forward to turning in my sketchbook to see what Ms. R said about it. I think my sketchbook has played a huge part in my artistic development because it has really made me think about the types of things in art I am interested in, like making collages, or painting an whole spread a pretty red purple. My sketchbook was also a great place for me to get my ideas out on paper and a way for me to try different things with different material that looked good together.

Materials:
-Pencil
-Colored pencil
-Pictures and words from magazines
-Paint
-Glitter glue
-Paint markers 
Themes
-"Girl power"
-Quotes and drawings
-Body part drawings
-Objects, such as fish bowl, shell, water cap, ext..

No comments:

Post a Comment