Sunday, February 13, 2011

Inital Reflection

At the begin of art this year I tended to struggle with some of the drawings from observation. I had no idea where to start my pictures and it was normally a challenge. Now at this point in the year I am not struggling with drawing from observation challenges. A strength for me this year in art class has been doing the magazine collages. I have had lots of fun making the collages and I got many different ideas for them that I hope to continue to explore. Things that I will leave class thinking about is how art doesn't always have to be perfect, you can turn a paint splatter on a page into something beautiful. I have had lots of fun with the project that we have done, like the sculpture from trash. I never got to finish mine, but at some point I will. The brainstorming in the sketch books has been a very helpful thing that I will continue to use throughout my years in art classes. Just being able to look at what I planed to make before I made it was very helpful for me to be able to make changes and see what I was thinking visually. Art class this year has influenced my life by making me think about the project I do and how I am able to add different materials to a project and make it work. I would like to go to college to photography and I realized that I need to have different art skills to get me there. Art this year has shown me the importance of different types of art and using all of your ideas to make one big great one.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Lots to think about. I'm so glad you've internalized so much of what we've done and made it part of your creative process.

    ReplyDelete