Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Three Forms Drawing



Today in our class we did an art event called D.E.A.D( Drop everything and draw). Normally I do not like observation drawing, but I liked it today because we got to choose how we wanted our drawing to look. We only had three objects, a cup, pine-cone, and a block. I liked the activity because we got to practice shading and finding the details in the object. If we did this project again I would be okay with it, since I was fine with it today. One thing that I need to work on more is some of the shading. Once we hung up our drawings I noticed that I didn't have shading in some places, so the object I was trying to draw didn't look as realistic as it could have been.  One thing that I need to work on is trying to get  details in things like the pine-cone, I never got to drawing it but I think if I did I would have tried to add the extra details. I felt fine doing the project since I enjoyed it, but also having the little demo before helped me realize that I didn't have to make it look realistic on the first try, it helped me realize that my drawing would progress as I worked on it.  One thing that I do not like in drawing for observation is when we have to draw something that is already set up and then we have to draw it the way it is, I liked being giving the choice to decide were I wanted to put something on my page.

No comments:

Post a Comment