Monday, September 20, 2010

Pour Paintings

When we first started making the pour painting I enjoyed the abstract way it looked on the paper. I thought that the project was different in a way that made it enjoyable. When the paint was wet it was hard for me to see anything in the shapes that is made on the page. I didn't really see anything besides a splash of wet paint in the middle of the page. It was fun just putting the paint on the page and seeing the shapes that it took in the end.

The next day the pour painting was dry and it just looked like a splash of paint on the page. When I looked more closely at it one of the first things I saw was a bumble bee. As I looked around more closely I started seeing animals and bugs in the painting. I am still working on the pour painting and as I go along I am starting to see more sea animals and bugs. The pour painting project has been a very enjoyable experience and I am looking forward to working on finishing my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment