Friday, January 14, 2011

Symbolic Portrait- Julia Perez

For my symbolic portrait I have decided to do a piece of my aunt who is a big part of my life. I chose my aunt because she is a person who has always supported me and I know I can always count on her. My aunt is currently facing many health problems that she has to deal with everyday. I am planing to use different objects that describe my aunts life, for example, my aunt came over to the states with my abuela when she was a little girl and and came to live in New York.  For my portrait I want to make the paper the shape of Puerto Rico, where my aunt grew up, and make it kind of like road map of my aunts life. I will add things that are important to her, like her writing, and things from her childhood that got her where she is today.

No comments:

Post a Comment