Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thinking about drawing and painting

I believe that painting and drawing an image, as apposed to take a picture of it, is a way of seeing the image in a different light. Photography is something that I love, but I feel that by spending time and drawing a scene or an object out you are showing how you see the object. I think that pictures can also show how you see the object, but in a different medium.

When I draw an paint I feel like I can let myself make mistakes and learn new techniques. I know that in art you are always learning new things, but when I take a picture I know what I need to do. I think that with photography and painting you need to learn new things that can make you a better artist in the end. I enjoy the fact that photography, painting,  and drawing are different because I feel like I am doing something different in all of them. I think that painting and drawing will always be an art form that has many different techniques that a person can master.

In our world today, we can use two dimensional art as a way to show the different feelings and ideas, depending on the shapes, colors, and movement we use in our work. I know that Shepard Fairey covers a lot of political topics in his work by using different images, colors, and words to get his point across. In art you don't always need to use words to get a point across because art is open to many different interpretations. I like the fact that art is open to many different ideas because it makes looking at something and have a different view from someone else interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment